Wedding Paper Flowers: How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers
These how to make tissue paper flowers instructions for wedding paper flowers are easy to follow and offer numerous variations so you can customize to fit your theme. Bright colorful tissue paper can be used for a fiesta, Mexican or other latin theme. Use white tissue paper for a more traditional wedding look.
How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers:
- You'll need: tissue paper and pipe cleaners
- Layer at least four sheets of tissue paper (cut into a square) in a stack and then fold accordian style. How large your folds are is optional, experiement with different widths of folds to acheive the look you want. For a 9x9 inch square a good fold to start with is about 1 inch.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the center of your folded tissue paper. This creates the stem of the flower. Twist the pipe cleaner ends around each other. The tissue paper now can be carefully pulled apart and shaped into a layered flower. Anyone can learn how to make tissue paper flowers, it is easy and fun!
- Bunches of different colored wedding paper flowers can be used for centerpieces for a festive look.
- For a more traditional look, use white tissue paper. These make affordable decorations for pews, doorways, on the bridal getaway car or as centerpieces in bathrooms.
- As an alternative, lightly mist metallic silver spray paint over your white wedding paper flowers. This adds shimmer to them and highlights the folds. It is truly stunning!
Hope you enjoyed following these easy how to make tissue paper flowers instructions! Check out our related article:
How to Make Tissue Paper Flowers Mason Jar Vases
for vases for your creations!
It's your wedding, do it the way you want!
For more reception ideas, go to the
Do It Yourself Wedding Receptions