DIY Nature-Inspired Bearer's Pillow
Our DIY Nature-Inspired Pillow
It's a bit messy yet easy and fun to do. You can be as creative as you want. Let?s take a look at the materials and the tools we need for this project:
Materials: 1. a bag of moss; 2. a 6''x6''x3'' piece of Styrofoam; 3. artificial flowers, leaves and birds; 4. felt paper: 8''x8'' and 25''x2''; 5. round-headed corsage pins; 6. a 12'' ribbon
I went to the local bookstore to get the Styrofoam, ribbon, felt paper and round-headed pins while the moss is from a local flower shop. The artificial birds, flowers and leaves are free (all of which are part of an old Christmas ornament) but you can always get one from a local store or market.
Here's how it's done:
1. Center the Styrofoam square on the 8''x8'' felt paper. Fold the edges of the felt paper over the sides of the Styrofoam and secure with pins. Wrap the corners neatly and pin.
2. Once you?re happy with the position, glue the felt paper in it?s place using the hot glue gun and remove the pins. Neatly glue the edges.
3. Turn the Styrofoam over and put ordinary glue (so you'll have time to arrange the moss). Take half of your moss and stretch it out across the top of the Styrofoam. It doesn?t have to be perfect at this point but make sure that most part of
the Styrofoam is covered.
4. Flatten the moss and allow the glue to dry for around 20-30 minutes (this is the main reason why we do not want to use the hot glue gun to secure the moss on the Styrofoam ^__^).
5. Affix the 25-inch felt paper on one side of the Styrofoam using a pin. Glue it around all four sides (this time, using the reliable glue gun), covering the edges of the square felt paper and some part of the Styrofoam.
6. Take the rest of the moss and neatly cover the Styrofoam.
7. Arrange the artificial leaves wherever you like it to be (In this project, I put it in the middle). Secure each leaf with a pin.
8. Take the artificial flowers and secure it on top of the leaves using a glue gun.
9. Cut a 12-inch ribbon and put it in the center of the pillow securing it with a pin. The ribbon will secure the rings in its place.
10. Put the birds in the center. Arrange the leaves, birds and flowers while making sure that the rings will be the center of attention.
11. Carefully put the wedding rings and tie a knot.
There you have it. I hope you'll be inspired to create your own pillow and incorporate it with your wedding theme.
You can find the step illustration at target="_blank">Project Dream Wedding